South Africa is one of the most diverse and interesting countries in the world. Tourists flock to South Africa for its natural beauty, wildlife and sunshine. South Africa's immensely varied terrain supports a rich diversity of animals, birds, and plant-life and offers an incomparable range of experiences. It is certainly an ideal destination for nature lovers. However, like most of other countries, the South Africa government implements some requirements for the entry. The visa policy of South Africa is how the South African government determines who may and may not enter their country. Visitors to South Africa must obtain a visa from one of the South African diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries, in which case they get what is called a "Port of Entry Visa". Visitors who require a visa must apply in person and provide biometric data. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 1 month after departure and with one blank page (two if a visa is required).
LIST OF COUNTRIES ARE EXEMPTED FROM THE SOUTH AFRICA VISA
Nationals of the following 90 countries/territories who hold valid national passports are not required to obtain South African visas for visits of up to 90 days: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Portugal, Russia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Mario, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Citizens of the following 28 countries/territories who hold valid national passports are not required to obtain South African visas for visits of up to 30 days: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Gabon, Guyana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Jordan, Lesotho, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Peru, Poland, Seychelles, South Korea, Swaziland, Thailand, Turkey.
TYPES OF SOUTH AFRICA VISA
Visas for medical treatment
- Issued to people who want to visit South Africa for medical treatment.
- Valid for up to three months.
- Issued for foreigners who are contemplating investing in the South African economy by establishing a business or by investing in an existing business in the country.
- A financial capital contribution needs prescribing.
- Issued only to foreigners where South African citizens with the relevant skills are not available for appointment
- The visa duration varies on the type of work visa being applied for
- Submission to Visa Facilitation Services Centres(VFS) across the country or nearest South African embassy, mission or consulate abroad.
General work Visa
- Valid for the duration of the contract of employment or a period not exceeding 5 years
Intra-company Transfer Work Visa
- Issued for existing employees being transferred from a foreign branch to a branch in South Africa.
- Valid for a period not exceeding 4 years
- Cannot be renewed or extended
- Allows a corporate entity (e.g. a mine group, farmer, etc) to employ a pre-determined number of skilled/semi-skilled/ unskilled workers.
- Valid for a period not exceeding three years
- Issued for foreign students who wish to study in South Africa
- Valid for the duration of the registered course (provided the duration shall not exceed eight years at a primary school and 6 years at a secondary school)
- Issued to foreigners who are not older than 25 and wish to participate in cultural, economic or social exchange programs administered by an organ of the State or a public higher educational institution in conjunction with an organ of a foreign state
- Validity depends on the length of the program, usually does not exceed 12 months
- Cannot be renewed or extended
Retired Persons’ Visa
- Issued to persons who wish to retire in South Africa
- Submission through any regional office of the Department of Home Affairs or nearest South African embassy, mission or consulate abroad
- Issued for the prescribed period by the Director-General to a foreigner who is a member of the immediate family of a citizen or a permanent resident;
- Valid for a maximum period of two years at a time
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SOUTH AFRICA VISAS
- Original passport valid for at least 06 months (showing signature);
- A photocopy of old passport (if any);
- 03 passport photos in size 3.5x4.5 cm, white background, must be taken within the last 06 months;
- A copy of Vietnamese temporary residence card or multiple visa, work permit applied for foreigner working in Vietnam;
- Application form signed by the applicant;
- Notarized true copy of Household Registration Book;
- Notarized true copy of Marriage Certificate;
- Notarized true copy of Birth Certificate;
- Proof of sufficient financial:
- Bank account statements for the last three months
- Certificate of bank balance or saving account certificate
- Payment slips for last 3 months
- Proof of social and professional status:
- For business owner: Notarized true copy of Business Registration Certification + Business income tax return for the previous financial year (Vietnamese language document is acceptable);
- For employee: Notarized true copy of Labor Contract (written in English, Vietnamese or both) + Letter of business decision/ Leave Application form + Payment slip within the last 03 months.
- For student (over 18 years old): Current academic enrolment record.
- Yellow fever injection certificate (if applicants travel through Yellow fever belts)
For business visas, the applicants need to submit extra documents:
- A letter of invitation from the host company in South Africa;
- Business Registration Certification of the company from South Africa;
- A copy of passport from the inviter;
- A letter of business decision from a company in Vietnam indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment and purpose of visit(s) to South Africa.
- Labour contract or employment certificate.
For Tourist Visas, the applicants need to submit extra documents:
- Travel itinerary;
- Copy of hotel booking;
- Return-air ticket booking
VALIDITY OF VISA
Visa is valid for 3 months, single-entry.
- 14 working days (except Saturdays and Sundays) if submitted at South Africa Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City
- 7 working days at South Africa Embassy in Ha Noi.
For further information, please contact us
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Avenis Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 | Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn