Foreigners who hold work permits valid for one year or more, as well as member of a limited liability company with two members or more, owner of a one-member limited liability company, member of the Board of Directors of a Vietnamese joint-stock company, can be granted a Temporary Residence Card (TRC). The Temporary Residence Card is issued by the immigration agency under the Ministry of Public Security, and will be valid from 1 to 5 years. People granted the Temporary Residence Card can enter and exit Vietnam without a visa within the valid terms of their Temporary Residence Card.
CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- The applicant’s passport term is valid for more than one year;
- In the case of containing work permit, foreigner’s work permit must have a minimum period of over one year since the date of submission;
- Proof of residence registration by ward police;
- The new passport which has not used to immigrate in Vietnam and no new visa stamped on the passport (in case of changing the information of passport number due to end of pages, or passport loss shall be required to renew).
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD RENEWAL
- 01 the application form of the temporary residence card renewal (Form NA8);
- 01 information form of foreigners who demand to renew (Form NA6);
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs (2cm x3cm);
- The applicant’s passport (1 copy of the passport, valid visa and the latest date of Vietnam entry);
a) In case of passport renewal, the applicant should submit the current temporary residence card;
b) In case of losing or damaging the temporary resident card, the card holder and sponsor company must immediately report in writing to the issuing office and apply the new one if the resident card is still valid more than 1 year.
- A notarized copy of legal entity profile of sponsored company or organization that apply for the issuance of temporary residence card as business license or investment certificate, representative office establishment licenses, seal registration certificate and tax registration certificate;
- A work permit or the document of work permit exemption for the case of requiring work permit;
- In case of accompanying family members must have written proof of family relationships such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, family record book ... these documents must be legalized and translated into Vietnamese as prescribed;
Note that the Temporary Residence Card will not be issued if the applicant’s passport is valid for less than a year, and the duration of the residence card will always be at least one month shorter than the duration of the holder’s passport.
Processing time is from 5 to 7 working days
CASES OF BEING GRANTED TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
- Member of a limited liability company with two members or more;
- Owner of a one-member limited liability company;
- Member of the Board of Directors of a Vietnamese joint-stock company;
- Foreign lawyer who has been licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam;
- Foreigner (with a related work permit) working in a Vietnamese enterprise or a representative office of a foreign company;
- Professional, student, or trainee working or studying in a national programme or project approved by the government;
- Family member of a residence permit holder (spouse, parents, or children under 18).
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM'S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND RESIDENCE CARD
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Avenis Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn