LATEST UPDATES ON WORK PERMIT VIETNAM FOR FOREIGN LABOR 2020
The New Labor Code changes the term of work permits, work permits extensions and work permit exemption for foreign labors in Vietnam. In particular, the term of a work permit in Vietnam is limited to a maximum of two years and the work permits can now only be extended once for a further two-year term. Foreign labors who want to continue working in Vietnam after the expiry of the extended work permit will have to apply for a new work permit.
We have summarized and highlighted the new updates on work permit and work permit extension in Vietnam based on the New Labor Code as below:
1. Vietnam Work Permit Exemptions
Work permit exemptions in will be applied for the following cases and the government will provide further guidance on requirements and implementation:
- Foreign nationals married to a Vietnamese national who lives in a Vietnamese territory. Therefore, the immediate sponsor for visa/temporary resident cards for the foreign national could be changed from the Vietnam organization to the Vietnamese husband/wife of the foreign national.
- Foreign owners or shareholding members of limited liability companies and shareholders being members of the board of directors of joint stock companies that meet the capital contribution requirement as regulated by the government.
- Chairpersons or members of the board of directors of joint stock companies that meet the capital contribution requirement as regulated by the government.
- Head of representative offices, projects, or persons who are in charge of activities of international and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
2. New regulations of Work Permit Extension in Vietnam
- Vietnam Work permits will be issued for a maximum of two years and may only be extended once for a maximum period of two years.
- In the case that Vietnam’s enterprise, company or organization continues to sign labor contract and foreign workers who also want to continue working in Vietnam and after the expiry of the extended work permit will have to apply for a new work permit.
3. Vietnam Work Permit Exemption Certificate
- Each of the Exemption Categories requires a work permit exemption Certificate issued in advance by Provincial Department of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs (DOLISA) before the foreign labor commences employment in Vietnam
4. Labor contracts
- Labor contracts for foreign nationals must not exceed the validity period of the Vietnam work permit.
- Employers may enter into multiple definite-term labor contracts with foreign employees provided that the work permit is granted.
We hope that those information provided above would be helpful and meet your expectation. For more information on Work Permit Vietnam, please check these articles below or contact us directly via our website or email address.
OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO VIETNAM'S WORK PERMIT, VISAS AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
For further information please contact:
Discovery Indochina Travel Co., Ltd
5th Floor | Platinum Building | 145 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 1 | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam
Tel: 028 39102358 | 028 39102359 Mobile: 0938228856 | 0906640505
www.visa5s.com | www.ditravel.vn